Medical advice

January 3, 2021

Editor

Where do politicians — namely, members of the Bullhead City Council — get off rejecting what doctors and scientists keep telling us to do in order to help curtail the COVID-19 pandemic?

Our mayor asked “everyone to work together on keeping the numbers down until the pandemic wanes” while also stressing the wearing of the mask.

He said “with roughly 80% compliance, not many more would abide by a mandate resolution”. So what do we take away from that, 80% of the people would not go out and deliberately put another’s life in danger but the other 20% would?

Here is some information from former New Jersey Gov. Chris Chjristie, who is recovering from COVID-19, who deliberately took his mask off in a public place:

“This message isn’t for everyone. It’s for all those people who refuse to wear a mask,” Christie said in a video posted recently on Twitter. “You know, lying in the isolation in ICU for seven days, I thought about how wrong I was to remove my mask at the White House. I want you to understand it’s the most unpredictable and random virus you’ve ever seen. Don’t let your guard down. I made a huge mistake by taking that mask off. As tired as you are of wearing a mask, and washing your hands, you will take those days in a heartbeat compared to getting this disease.”

Paul Alexander, a former Trump administration official at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, wrote to his boss, Michael Caputo, the HHS assistant secretary of public affairs, embracing herd immunity. In a July email, he wrote, “Infants, kids, teens, young people, young adults, middle-aged with no conditions, etc., have zero to little risk…we use them to develop herd…we want them infected.”

At last count, there have been nore than 18 milolion cases and 330,000 deaths in the U.S. (the most in the world), many unnecessary. If only doctors and scientists had been listened to instead of politicians. I rest my case.

Carmen Francis, Bullhead City

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *